Tuesday, April 17, 2012

the waiting

As one of the last girls in the world in my group of friends to get married, I love the varying perspectives people have on relationships and timing. My friend Lauren (the pretty gal on the left...she just moved in with her adorable boyfriend!) said something memorable and inspiring the other day.

"Of course I was happy for my married friends, and I wanted that for myself," she said "because they obviously have the kind of lasting love and a forever partnership that is most people's ultimate goal of dating. But when I was single I always loved knowing that falling in love with my husband was something waiting for me in my future." Isn't that a refreshing thought? It's such a positive way to experience the years before you meet the person you're going to marry.

7 comments:

  1. I love that and it is so true... the feeling that what is yet to come will be soooo amazing!!! (and it is!!!) XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is so sweet and is a good reminder...in the meantime, think of all the amazing experiences we get to have, and if soon, some guy is lucky enough to join the ride then that would be awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good for you (BOTH OF YOU) for not being all Bridget Jones LOL. You have ONE LIFE, single or married. You have to live it and try to love it, because it's the only one you've got!

    you're an inspiration and lots of single ladies should take notes from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great perspective! As a fellow single lady, I feel the same way about my friends and my future. It is so refreshing to know that there are some awesome guys out there, and lucky for me they are making my friends happy and I get to be around and experience the magic of that!

    ReplyDelete