Wednesday, April 18, 2012

new obsession: ginger beer

When I visited my friend in San Diego, we went to an Alice-in-Wonderland-like bar that specialized in cocktails (similar to the spot-on Chicago date spot Violet Hour!) and I tasted my first ginger beer cocktail. Since then, I've been hooked, and am thinking about making my own version at home. It should be noted that I love saying I'm going to make things at home only to read through the recipe, imagine myself making it, and then call it a day, but if I did get the motivation I would make this version of Pimm's Cup. There is something to be said for having a professional mix you up a great cocktail, but maybe at our next dinner party (I don't think I've ever thrown a dinner party in my life), we'll have them as the featured drink. Apparently this post is filled with details of a fantasy life I don't live, but my point is that ginger beer kicks ass :)

Image by Katie Cannon via Heavy Table

1 comment:

  1. Love Ginger Beer. We have bar very similar to what you're describing here in Boulder called Bitter Bar and they make an amazing Mexican Firing Squad with Ginger Beer! It's to die for and I just realized it's off the "seasonal rotation" menu. What a bummer- hope they'll still mix it up special for me!

    ReplyDelete